Dealing with Stress and Uncertainty

For the last few months, I have been dealing with a lot of stress around my final exams of my undergraduate degree.  A lot of this stress is not sourced from the exams themselves, but more of the “What comes after them?” question. What I chose to do is to put my thoughts down and express how I feel about this state I am in.  In my head, I believe that there are many of you that may be going through the same thing, so I decided to share how I deal with this situation – I say to myself:
You can and you will!

The road will be hard as hell (like now), the view may not always look promising, and the people you meet may act like total assholes, but it is possible to conquer that battle you’re dealing with right now.

As long as you keep pushing!

Self-doubt is an unavoidable enemy of the mind, something we have each endured during times of both triumph and failure.
Conquering self-doubt takes time; it’s no easy task and requires persistence. I wish I had the magic answer, a cure for decompressing the stress and ambiguity – like Xanax, but the truth is I’ve had to learn how to own it.

What comes naturally to us as humans is to feel down after we take a hit. However what I found is that the best way to deal with it is to own the struggle, the heartache, the mistakes, so you can focus on the mission at hand. Self-doubt is laced with insecurity, and to be honest that’s a normal thing to experience in life, we just have to be comfortable with questioning our ability to achieve goals. Question everything, and believe that no matter the outcome there is a lesson to be learned. You have to fight to make shit happen in life, if it were all easy we would never find value in obtaining what we’re seeking.

Conquering the battle of self-doubt starts with the acceptance of life’s ambiguity. When we accept and embrace the unknown we open the door for opportunity. Defining our future starts with being unafraid to take grasp of the situation at hand.

Have faith in the actions you take toward accomplishing your dreams, they’re worth it, and believing in yourself is the first step.



0 comments: